- Company Name:
- Mastech, Inc.
POSITION TITLE: Business Systems – Systems Analyst
LOCATION: Pittsburgh, PA
SALARY: 65,000 – 85,000/yr plus benefits (will consider more for the right candidate)
Notes: Image Now OR Planview OR HR ERP Experience is very nice to have!
The Business Systems – Systems Analyst position is responsible for working with business partners, vendors, project managers and others within IT to develop and support software applications used within CLIENT. The responsibilities include: requirements gathering, business analysis, process reengineering, support, prioritization of issues, quality assurance testing, documentation, and training. Project management and coordination will also be required.
KEY JOB ELEMENTS
1. Serve as lead systems analyst on small to mid-size projects within the Business System’s portfolio.
2. Deliver high-quality Business Requirements, System Requirements and System Design documentation.
3. Works closely with team leads and other technical leadership to bring forth opportunities to leverage technologies to better business processes within the Business Systems service portfolio.
4. Works on complex finance, procurement and/or human resources issues, which have significant impact to the enterprise and across enterprise processes and functions.
5. Prepare documentation for end users of IT systems and IT support services
workers using established processes
6. Quality assurance testing
7. Attend training as needed to develop relevant knowledge and skills
8. Perform administrative duties as required, including timesheet recording and writing reports.
9. Manages incoming incidents and enhancement requests assigned thru the Planview service request system and HEAT incident tracking system.
10. Recommends and implements process improvements within the team as well as within business processes.
11. Investigate and resolve application functionality related issues and provide support and troubleshooting of multiple business systems applications.
12. Coordinate application development for multiple projects.
13. Assist system administrators with application installation and testing.
14. Troubleshoot technical issues and identify modifications needed in existing applications to meet changing user requirements.
15. Assist in the creation of the system design and functional specifications for new development projects.
16. Understand database schema of underlying applications that are supported.
17. Provide application configuration, minor programming or scripting, and report writing as needed.
Reports to: Software Manager - Procurement, Finance, Imaging Business Systems
Directly Leads: None
Works closely with: Business Systems Team Members, Business leaders, project team members, other members of IT Department, and end users.
1. B.S. in computer
Science, Information Systems, or other equivalent field or work experience.
2. Minimum of 4-6 years of experience in systems analysis, design and development.
3. Proven interpersonal and relationship management skills and strong written and verbal communication skills along with critical thinking ability
4. Highly motivated, success oriented, organized and strong work ethic
5. A team player with the ability to work cross functionally
Business Process and Business Analysis
6. Practical knowledge and experience with an enterprise ERP package
7. Experience leading business requirements gathering and translating those into system / application / workflow requirements.
8. Experience facilitating business process design
9. Strong analytical and problem solving skills
10. Highly organized, capable of multitasking and detail oriented
11. Significant experience working on projects that span a broad range of systems and enterprise wide complex components.
12. Must possess an advanced level of business knowledge and business process best practices.
13. Knowledge of data processing and enterprise software applications.
14. Technical experience with systems networking, databases, Web/application development, and user support.
15. Good background in Database design.
Project Management/People Management/Relationship Management
16. Proven project management skills and experience in solution delivery.
17. Demonstrated leadership on major projects providing subject matter expertise and technical direction to other project team members.
18. Experience in planning, development, implementation and maintenance of Business applications.
19. Travel required as needed.
Direct: Successful delivery of assigned tasks and projects.
Indirect: Overall customer satisfaction of IT deliverables.
This is a dynamic position within the IT department at the CLIENT corporate offices. The environment is faced paced and will challenge the candidate to meet the demands of an energetic, fast growing enterprise.
The candidate will regularly meet with leaders and business partners to strategize and deliver on solutions to meet and improve the objectives set forth by corporate leaders. The environment requires excellent communication between partners, customer and management. In addition, the environment requires decisive collaboration between team members and business partners to drive to superior, long-term solutions.